Tuesday, June 24, 2008

June 24th, 2008

6-24-08
Time To Chuckle
By: Jerry Barnhart

Again, Tom-Tom has the location
The professional semi driver got caught under an overhead bridge of a county road. He got out, tipped his cap and scratched his head trying to figure a way to get his truck out.
The county-mounty pulled up behind him, got out of his squad car, put on his hat, adjusted his holsters and walked up to the semi driver and said, “What’s the matter fella, are you stuck?”
“Nah,” the driver responded, “I was delivering this bridge and I lost the address.”

While back on the highway…
where motorists have been reading hundreds of billboard messages signed by God. Samples include, “What part of thou shalt not… don’t you understand,” “Keep using my name in vain and I’ll make this rush hour longer,” and “Think it’s hot in here?”

So…who’s in charge here?
When I go on vacation, I don’t make any decisions. The boss tells me when, the wife tells me where, the back tells me how long and my vehicle tells me… get a moped.

The final solution
A man’s car stalled n the busy city street and within 15 seconds the woman behind him started honking continuously as he tried to restart it. Finally, the man got out and walked back to the honker to explain. “I can’t seem to get my car started, but if you’ll start it for me, I’ll stay here and lean on your horn.”

An insurance agent’s wife
was learning to drive when the breaks gave out at 25 mile per hour. As she tried to move through the city street she cried out to her husband, “What should I do?”
“Brace yourself,” he yelled, “and try to hit something cheap!”

An open and shut case?
All the cars on the highway were going at least 80 and the man felt very secure as part of the “convoy.” However, as he passed a patrol car, it pulled behind him with lights flashing. The officer handing him a citation, too the required information and started to walk back when the man said, “Officer I know I was speeding but I don’t think it’s fair. All those other cars around me were going just as fast. Why did I get a ticket?”
“Ever go fishing?” the police man asked.
“Um, yeah…” the startled man replied.
“Ever catch all the fish?”


Have a joke for Jerry? Send us your favorite joke and Jerry will choose his favorite for publication. Send jokes to:

Attn: Time To Chuckle
The Rochester Buyer’s Guide & Community News
515 Rocky Creek Dr. NE
Rochester, MN 55906

‘Time To Chuckle’ contributor, Jerry Barnhart, is the founder & producer of “Vet’s Visits” on T.V. “Vet’s Visits” airs Monday through Sunday 6-8 am & Monday through Thursday at 6 pm on Cable Access Channel 10 in Rochester.

No comments: